Currently seeking an IT Support Specialist
Noventech, Inc. is an independent full-service IT consulting company servicing a variety of local small businesses. Companies trust Noventech to be their outsourced IT consultants and to maintain their IT systems on a daily basis.
We are currently seeking an IT Support Specialist. The IT Support Specialist will provide maintenance and support for every aspect of electronic equipment such as computer hardware, software, networking, and telephony. Responsibilities include performing general technical support functions including physical installation, assembly, configuration and maintenance of the computer network. The IT Support Specialist will work under supervision but have a great deal of independence to establish daily and weekly work order priorities and perform work as required.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows workstations and servers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot routers and firewalls.
- Troubleshoot computer software issues with Windows, Microsoft Office and other applications found in small office environments (Quickbooks, Adobe, etc.).
- Set up and maintain users and email accounts.
- Monitor backups and general IT system health.
- Perform basic websites updates.
- Perform basic Linux system administration (backup MySQL or Postgres, install software updates.)
- Knowledge of TCP networking and other basic networking protocols (DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows (7 through 10) and Windows Server (2008 through 2016), including Small Business Server editions.
- Basic knowledge or virtualization technologies such as VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Excellent attention to detail, quality, process, and organization.
- Capable of learning new processes and technologies quickly.
- Ablity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or IT related specialty.
- Two years of general computer installation, maintenance, and repair experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and vehicle for local work related travel.
- Ability to lift large objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
The IT Support Specialist position is full time; however, does not offer health benefits at this time.
Applicants should send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org